Are you looking to buy your dream home in central or southeast Texas? This area, known as Texas Hill Country, is perfect for a custom dream home, featuring a distinctive natural beauty and a vibrant community and culture. It also has significant long-term investment and growth potential, making it the ideal place to set down roots.
With a custom home builder, you will get an affordable luxury home in a prime location, personalized with unique elements that suit your preferences and needs. JLP is dedicated to crafting the best custom homes in the idyllic Texas Hills Country.
Why Build a Custom Home in Central Texas?
Why should you build a custom home rather than buying one? Well, buying any home is an investment, and you want to spend your hard-earned dollars on something that will last. When investing in a custom home, you can draft a plan from scratch to ensure you get exactly what you want. There's no need to compromise on features you don't like because you have control over the design process from the beginning.
But why choose the Texas Hill Country?
When you think of the Lone Star State, you might initially picture a flat expanse of dry terrain, but Hill Country — as its name suggests — is characterized by its gently rolling terrain.
Living in Hill Country, you can't miss the majestic live oak trees or the native Texas Madrones that dominate the vistas. You'll also likely wake up to the sounds of the golden-cheeked warbler, a small endangered songbird with a characteristic yellow face.
Weather in Hill Country includes hot summers perfect for relaxing by Canyon Lake or drifting down the Guadalupe River. During the milder fall and winter temperatures, you might try exploring the local cavern and karst formations, or the trails and foliage at nature preserves like Lost Maples Natural Area.
Some other major benefits of living in Texas Hill Country include:
- Cost of living: The cost of living in San Antonio, one of the major cities within Hill Country, is 8% lower than the national average. You can expect even lower costs in the smaller surrounding cities and rural areas.
- Population: Texas Hill Country has seen some enormous growth. The population has almost doubled within the last 20 years, with larger concentrations of people in cities like Austin and San Antonio. This growth brings in greater opportunities and improved quality of life.
- Local charm: Texans are known for their loyalty to their home state, and they don't exaggerate its charms. Hill Country has a diverse population with a distinctive culture and tight-knit community.
Building Your Dream Home — Understanding the Building Area and Location Factors
Location is one of the most important factors when deciding where to build a home. JLP Builders are experts in building affordable luxury homes, and we can help you find the perfect location. We can assist you in finding a lot, build on a lot you already own or build on one of our lots.
The following are a few factors you should consider when thinking about the location for your new custom home:
- Safety: Is the area you plan to build a safe one? When you choose to build your custom dream home in a JLP community, you can feel confident in your family's safety.
- Schools: If you have a family or plan to start one, consider the local schools and their proximity to your home. Hill Country has great schools, with a good variety of public and private institutions.
- Activities: There are endless activities at your fingertips in the Texas Hill Country. From outdoor adventures and shopping to dancing and nightlife, this part of Texas has it all.
- Local services: Consider your proximity to local amenities like emergency services and shopping centers. JLP communities near Canyon Lake, New Braunfels and Bulverde have exceptional local charm while still being accessible to major city areas.
Incorporate Unique Texas Hill Country Elements in Your Custom Home
Our custom home designs pay homage to Texas Hill Country's heritage, and you can infuse personal and regional touches into your custom home build. Large windows give you unparalleled views of surrounding trees and hillsides from indoors. Additionally, luxury outdoor living areas situate you within the natural environment with all the amenities you could ask for.
Architectural features like arches and exposed wood beams harken back to classic Texas charm, while clean lines give homes a modern look and feel. Take a look at some of the custom luxury homes we've built to see how we use architecture to complement the surrounding environment.
Why Partner With JLP to Build Your Custom Hill Country Home?
JLP has a unique approach to affordable luxury. We have a decade of experience building in the Texas Hill Country area, and we specialize in working with clients to transform their ideas from dreams to reality — and, most importantly, we do so within budget.
Hill Country is a special place, and our homes reflect this uniqueness. While building your own home can be intimidating for both first-time homebuyers and experienced homeowners, our experts are here to support you every step of the way.
When approaching the custom home-building process, research is your friend. Consider your must-haves, like the number of rooms or lot location. With JLP, you can choose one of our floor plans and customize it to your needs, or design your own from scratch for a truly unique home. We encourage you to visit our model homes to get up close and personal with different floor plan features and architectural styles. A dedicated expert can answer any questions you have before moving forward.
We take care of all pre-construction processes, like site surveys and necessary approvals, and you'll get final approval over all designs. Our team will meet with you throughout every stage to update you on our progress and communicate frequently. We understand the importance of the task you're entrusting us with, and we'll build your home like it would be our own.
Explore Model Homes and Dream Floor Plans With JLP Builders
Explore the distinctive opportunities available for custom home building in the Texas Hill Country with JLP. We provide the best value in Hill Country with our lasting craftsmanship and attention to detail. Our communities are in some of the most charming, picturesque locations in the Texas Hill Country, and our homes reflect that beauty inside and out.
Consult with JLP for skilled guidance and to start your journey toward owning an affordable luxury home in this unparalleled locale.